Seeing as Athena Air can design and install bespoke ventilation packages without the use of sub-contractors, it is essential for us to know about the different types of air conditioning units available today.
From commercial premises to domestic properties, the requirements of our customers are always different. However, we will listen carefully to what you want and only install the most suitable air conditioning system.
With this in mind, here is a quick look at the most popular and common air conditioning units.
Types of air conditioning systems
- Split system – This type of system connects an indoor unit to an outdoor one, allowing for a fairly unobtrusive installation. Although they are installed so that just one room is heated or cooled at a time, additional units can be added for other rooms too.
- VRV/VRF (Variable Refrigerant Volume/Variant Refrigerant Flow) system – This type of system is also easy to install with minimal disruption to your building and its occupants. Perfect for medium to large sized buildings where not all offices have occupants, VRV/VRF units are also reliable and efficient for added flexibility and control.
- Close control system – This type of system is also known as PAC (Precision Air Conditioning) as it can control the humidity, temperature, and particle filtration within specific parameters. For this reason, it is ideal for server rooms that need to be monitored 24/7.
Types of air conditioning units
- Cassette unit – Extremely discreet with only the grille showing in the ceiling, air is delivered in four directions from a highly efficient fan. They are also easy to clean and maintain
- Wall mounted unit – Designed to efficiently and quickly condition any room, this type of unit comes in a variety of styles. The use of controllers can help you get the best out of this unit too
- Floor standing unit – This option is a great space saver and can be installed beneath windows or along a perimeter wall. Even air distribution allows for the right balance in any room
- Ducted units – Another discreet option for environments where low noise level and maximum air distribution is required
- Under ceiling unit – Typically used in offices and restaurants thanks to their quiet operation. Automatic louvre control is another characteristic of this type of unit
Get in touch with a member of our team to discuss your air conditioning requirements today.